I have a few reminders and announcements for you!
1. This Friday, March 9th, the P.T.A. is hosting a movie night in the gymnasium! The P.T.A. will have popcorn and refreshments available - doors open at 5:30 and the movie starts at 6:00!
2. Tuesday, March 13, there will be no school as it is voting day.
3. Next Thursday night, March 15th, is our 4th grade OPEN HOUSE! Doors to the classrooms open at 6:00 and the performance in the gymnasium starts at 6:30. Mark this on your calendars please!
4. Our 4th grade class has been given an opportunity to participate in a statewide math contest on Saturday, March 24th at the Londonderry High School from 8:00 - 12:00 p.m. When I mentioned this to the class and asked who was interested in participating, I got an overwhelming amount of YES's!! I would be thrilled to chaperone students who are interested in attending this event. Friday, March 9, I will be sending home the permission slip which needs to be signed and returned AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I would like to register our team by next Wednesday, March 14th. The Reading Red Sox have not only excelled in reading, they have become excellent mathematicians as well. Mrs. Fragos and I are very impressed by their skill sets and work ethic every morning as we work on new math concepts. They are very proud to show what they know, and this math contest is a great place for them to shine! Please talk to your son/daughter about the contest to see if he/she is interested in participating. In addition, if I have any students who would like to stay after school for some practice sessions, I would be willing to set up after school times to work together with them. So PLEASE, PLEASE consider this as a great opportunity for your child to grow!
I hope you all enjoyed your winter vacation break! I can't wait to be with the kiddos again and hear all about their adventures from last week! I have just a few reminders for you...
1. Tomorrow is our Artist in Residence event. Thank you (in advance) to the parent volunteers who signed up to help us from 1:05 until 2:00. You are welcome to meet in the classroom at 1:00 and go to the event with the class. Don't forget to wear appropriate attire as we will be outside!
2. We will have spelling and grammar this week as we head into our second week of unit 4 in our Wonders reading. Our theme for this week is "Why do people run for public office?" This question stretches across our curriculum as we complete our unit on government and civics in social studies. Once we feel our powerpoint presentations are ready, I will send home the invite for anyone interested to come and learn about our local, state, and national governments!
3. We will dive right into unit 6 in math this week! Once again, please make sure to look at the unit 5 test. I will be sending home the unit 6 parent letter tomorrow night with corrected work.
4. Don't forget about our read-a-thon this week as well. Simply scroll down to previous posts for details!